- computer motherboard, screwdriver
Tip 2: How to determine the motherboard
necessary to determine the motherboard and before flashing BIOS, as well as a number of other situations.While the computer is working properly, the user usually do not care about the composition and names of components that are inside the computer.Users concerned about the very different questions: where to download the new film, how to achieve the desired shape of the charts in Office documents or to pass complex level in a computer game.
- easiest way to determine the motherboard - to see the name of the manufacturer and the particular model came with the motherboard documentation.
- If the documentation is not available, it is necessary to determine the model in other ways.One of the simplest - Identification using ID-string.This is the string that appears at the top of the screen at the beginning of system boot.It may look like this: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG.From these data, we can determine the specific model site http://www.idhw.com/
- Another way - to use the so-called "code" bios.This is a set of alphanumeric characters, which is encoded in the type bios, firmware version, and a number of parameters of the motherboard.The meaning of the individual marks by the code can be determined from special tables.
- There are software products that define the configuration of the computer and, in particular, given its motherboard.For motherboards with AMI BIOS, you can try using the AMI Motherboard Identification Utility, WinBIOS, EVEREST (a popular and powerful tool to determine the configuration), Advanced Sysinfo Tools and Reporting Assistant (ASTRA), SMBIOSW (allows subtle analysis of the contents BIOS, including not only documentedbut undocumented features), Cpu-Z, HWiNFO.
- code model of the motherboard can be found on the motherboard itself.Check the model identified by searching the internet and found the image by comparing the motherboard with its motherboard.