How to install theme for Windows XP?
most common operating system is to date Windows XP.There are several methods to upgrade the standard theme.
1. Download the archive, which is a file format .msstyles, and unpack it.
2. Install this file in several ways.
- Method 1.
format files «* theme» and «* msstyles», folder «shell» are located in the directory «C: WINDOWSResourcesThemesnazvanie temy.theme."
- Method 2.
file format «* msstyles», folder and directory «shell» are located in the directory «C: WINDOWSResourcesThemespapkanazvanie temy.msstyles."
- method 3.
file format «* msstyles» is located in the directory «C: WINDOWSResourcesThemespapkanazvanie temy.msstyles."
If you run the file format .msstyles window p
happens that new threads are not consistent with the operating system.In this situation, you need to patch a number of system files using UXTheme Multi-Patcher 6.0 or UXTender, which produce modification of system files.Through it provides support for third-party themes in Windows XP.
How to install themes for Windows Vista?
Installing themes workspace in the Windows Vista operating system is made more complex way than "competing" for Windows XP.The reason for this is that Vista include a ban on modifying system files.Because in order to properly set the theme for Windows Vista, the program must use Vista Visual Master.
Another option - to change the system files manually using the software Vista Glazz.In this case, all the work is carried out in steps:
- Install the program, restart your computer.
- Copy the contents of the folder with the subject and the file extension .msstyles directory «C: WindowsResourcesThemes».
- Open on the desktop in the "Personalization" to "Color" and "The appearance of the windows."Select the action "Open classic appearance properties for more color options."Here you can set the desired theme.
- Turning off UAC in parental control option "Enable or Disable User Account Control" in the "User Accounts" in the Control Panel.Restarting the computer.
- Select unpacked archive «TakeOwnership» file «InstallTakeOwnership» and run it.
- folder «C: WindowsSystem32» copy files «browseui.dll» and «shell32.dll» and store elsewhere.
- on file «browseui.dll» open the right-click context menu, select «Take Ownership».Then repeat the action, but already point to choose "Properties", "Safety", "Change", "Administrator" by setting all permissions.Thus, we get the opportunity to manage your files.
- All similar actions are performed, and the file «shell32.dll».
- re-open on the desktop in the "Personalization" to "Color" and "The appearance of the windows."We set up a new topic.
Tip 2: How to install themes for vista
- computer, the operating system Windows Vista, utility UXTheme Multi-Patcher, basic skills for setting up and installing the software.
- Themes for Windows
- how to put the topic of personalization